Vera Wang for David's Bridal

Maybe you've already heard, but in case you haven't, big news hit the bridal market this morning. Vera Wang is designing a line of gowns for David's Bridal. Yes, that's right... Vera Wang for David's Bridal. Seems like a contradiction in terms, right? In all the years that I've followed bridal fashion, I never thought I'd see those two names involved in a collaborative collection. We just returned from bridal market last week after seeing a breathlessly gorgeous Vera Wang Spring 2011 collection. Really, the gowns were just stunning and formed one of the most cohesive, fully realized, extraordinarily beautiful collections that I have ever seen. That being said, today's news is interesting, considering that the collection for David's Bridal will be available in early Spring of 2011.

The details:
According to the press release sent to us this morning, Vera Wang and David's Bridal have announced an exclusive partnership to launch a new bridal collection. It will include gowns and accessories, "with a later intention of expanding into bridesmaid dresses and shoes." The new collection will be available in the United States in early Spring of next year and gowns will be priced under $1,500.

What she said:
Vera Wang states: “I am thrilled for the chance to bring my very specific vision to David’s Bridal, the biggest wedding retailer in America. The ability to grow my sphere of influence in the bridal world is both a huge creative and business opportunity and one I am so excited about. With this new challenge, I hope to speak with a level of taste and authority that will resonate with brides everywhere. This association represents the next logical step for someone who has spent 20 years building a relevant and respected bridal brand. I can’t think of a more strategic or promising time to grow a new segment of my business than now!”


So what do you think about this news? Leave a comment and tell us all about it!
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive