Holly Chapple Flowers ~ Lucketts, VA

Holly Chapple literally grew up around flowers. Her parents were landscapers and had greenhouses at their family home, instilling a love of flowers and design in their daughter. Holly decided to use her knowledge and passion to grow her own floral design business, Holly Chapple Flowers. She has been a floral designer now for 18 years and is one of the most sought-after, beloved floral designers in Washington D.C and Northern Virginia. Read on to learn more about Holly and enjoy the beautiful images of her work!

Holly Chapple is based out of Lucketts, Virginia but is available for floral design throughout Washington D.C and Northern Virginia. To Contact Holly Chapple, visit her website or call 703.777.8227.

Weddings Unveiled: Tell us a little bit about Holly Chapple Flowers.

Holly Chapple: I grew up in a family of landscapers so I have been surrounded by flowering plants all of my life. I married at the age of 21 and the property we bought was loaded in old time classics like peonies, lilac, and hydrangea. I started designing just for the love of arranging and I am self-taught. I would go hunting for unique elements that would make my pieces special and also affordable. People started asking me to do weddings. This was the perfect solution for me because I knew that I wanted to be at home with the children.

WU: How did you become a floral designer? When and how did you begin Holly Chapple Flowers?

HC: I would design for my parents at Christmas as a child in their green houses. My first real contract was the Washington International Horse Show. I had never designed professionally and I won the entire contract for the horse show. I was responsible for huge arrangements in the riding ring as well as centerpieces for all of the sponsors and the winners of each class. The contract was enormous and I had to find many different wholesalers to pull off the event. After successfully doing that for years I knew that I could do anything and people started asking me to do flowers for their weddings. I was searching for a way to stay home with my children and it looked like the perfect solution. I started the business almost 18 years ago when my second child was born. I am still home based and I have 7 children now, ranging from 23 years old, to my 1 year old.

WU: Describe your wedding style.

HC: Mostly I am proud of the fact that I am versatile. I can change from contemporary to garden in seconds. If I had to choose a favorite it would be lush, rich, mass, floral design. I am in love with garden classics and after all, it's how I learned to design.

WU: What inspires you?

HC: I am a total blog addict. I also love social media because it connects me to fellow wedding designers across the country. My gardens and nature are a total inspiration and the love of my many children and husband pushes me to reach new heights.

WU: How do you keep your ideas fresh?

HC: I am not afraid to try new things. I never think "that won't work." Instead, I always think "how can I make this work?"

WU: What was your favorite wedding and why?

HC: My sister Lisa's wedding because I convinced my parents and sister that we could have her reception in my parents' greenhouse. The greenhouse had huge shade clothes in the rafters and we closed them off in sections so you could look up and see the stars or billowing white fabric. We hung white twinkle lights in the rafters and ordered the first shipment of house plants and blooming plants of the season to use as decor. My father built a stage in the corner of the green house with a waterfall for the band and for dancing. We used the checkout counter of the green house as a bar. Daddy had built it like a gazebo, so it was already beautiful. My parents had a hand-carved carousel horse in the middle of the green house. My sister is an avid horse lover, so we strapped the wedding cake onto the back of the horse. It was truly the most remarkable event I have ever seen. My parents were so proud to host the event in the family greenhouse.

WU: What makes Holly Chapple Flowers different from other floral designers?

HC: We use so many unique elements. My personal gardens are a huge benefit but it is the attention to detail that is remarkable. So much love and care goes into the designs. We know exactly what the bride is dreaming of and we hear her and execute her wishes.

WU: What would be your ideal wedding assignment or dream wedding to design?

HC: I would love to start doing destination weddings. I think it would be amazing to cut from tropical gardens.

WU: Tell us three things you can't live without.

HC: My family, my flowers, my Apple computer.

WU: What is the best advice anyone has ever given you?

HC: Keep doing what you're doing, because it works.

WU: What is the best advice you can give to an engaged couple?

HC: Advice as far as planning would be to fall in love with your vendors. Advice on the marriage side, remember your wedding is about the marriage not about the day. You have years to make all of your dreams come true.

Images courtesty of Genevieve Leiper Photography.






































more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive