Christine Gallagher Photography

It's hard not to fall in love with Christine Gallagher of Christine Gallagher Photography. Her enthusiasm and passion for photography is contagious and her beautiful work has appeared here on Completely Unveiled and in the pages of Weddings Unveiled. We love her soft, romantic style and editorial approach to capturing weddings and all their details. Read on to learn more about Christine and the what inspires the woman behind the lens.

Christine Gallagher Photography is based in Atlanta, Georgia but is available for photography worldwide. To contact Christine Gallagher visit her website or call 404.229.0000.

Weddings Unveiled: Tell us a bit about Christine Gallagher Photography.

Christine Gallagher: I could give you the standard Bio about growing up in N.C., moving to the big city (Atlanta), getting married, having kids and fulfilling my dream as a wedding photographer, but that doesn't really tell you anything about me. So here you go: I read all 4 books in the Twilight series in one week, I am Team Edward (unless Dr. Cullen is an option). I believe Ugg's were sent from heaven. I am addicted to shows like The Bachelor and Survivor & I fall asleep nightly to HGTV (even though the same shows come on over and over). I can't spell, it is terrible, so bad that I have to have my husband proof read my blog posts. And let's see, it took me 3 hours to answer the following questions because even though I am outspoken, I am also very shy!

WU: How did you become a wedding photographer?

CG: I attended college for commercial photography, but upon graduation, I decided it was not the career path I wanted to follow. I spent the next 3 years working in interior design, which I adored! Then one day a design client asked me to photograph their wedding. I declined at first, having shot a few weddings (traditional) style for a few friends and thought it was not for me. My client explained how she wanted, a more carefree, natural approach on her wedding day and I decided to give it a try. It is safe to say that it went well, very well, because I have now been photographing weddings for over 10 years!

WU: Digital or film or both? Why?

CG: Digital. Why, because there is no comparison in my book. Digital gives you an amazing amount of control over an image & you can create the look and feel of film without the worry and well, you can't beat the instant satisfaction!

WU: Describe your wedding photography style.

CG: Labels...BLAH! I would say Editorial, if I had to pick just one, but I truly believe the best photographers take all the styles and mold them into the perfect wedding coverage.

WU: Show us your favorite wedding image and tell us why it represents who you are as a wedding photographer.

CG: I don't have a favorite, I love my job and every wedding offers something different to fall in love with and document.

WU: What inspires you?

CG: Nature. My Family. Friends. Pimento Cheese (just seeing if you are really reading).

WU: What inspires your wedding photography?

CG: Life is full of amazing moments, from tears of joy to tears of sorrow, these moments shape who we are and how we experience life. Documenting those moments for people, allows me to experience life more completely for myself.

WU: How do you keep your wedding photography fresh?

CG: By choosing clients that I want to work with, whose wedding will inspire me and who is someone I will enjoy spending time with. The photographer-client relationship is key!

WU: Do you do non-wedding photography work? If so, how does it influence your wedding photography?

CG: While weddings are my bread & butter, I have been blessed to watch my wedding clients become parents, then becoming portrait clients! As a mother, I understand how precious family pictures are and I am honored that in a little way, that I am apart of a family's legacy.

WU: What makes you different from other wedding photographers?

CG: I have red hair, I am left handed, I love pickled Okra, the list goes on and on, lol. No really, I believe all people are different and my work is a reflection of my personality, just like everyone else's.

WU: What would be your ideal wedding assignment?

CG: I love Southern weddings from pralines to seersucker suits. They take me back to my roots and keep me grounded. There is something in the air here in the South, something that allows us to relax and take life in. Any event that allows you to do that is ideal to me.

WU: Tell us three things you can't live without.

CG: 1. My husband, who fully understands what it takes to make my business thrive and supports me endlessly. 2. My kids, who remind me, that I need to work less and play more. 3. Travel, good food, friends, sunshine, gardens...I know this is not really a single "thing" but they are all wrapped up in my smile :)

WU: What is the best advice anyone has ever given you?

CG: My dad once advised me to never work a job that requires you to wear a name tag! At the time, I thought that was silly, but now I completely understand! There is nothing better than being your own boss!

WU: What is the best advice you can give to an engaged couple?

CG: Marriage is the best present! Don't lose site of each other in the wedding planning process. When all the flowers have died and the guests have gone home, all that is left is the two of you (and the pictures :)).






















more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive