Elizabeth Messina Photography ~ Worldwide

We have always loved the inspiring images from Elizabeth Messina Photography. Her wedding photography has her style imprinted on every photo, and as she puts it, leaves a whisper of herself in every image. It's her connection with the subjects that seeps through her pictures and allows us to get a little glimpse into what amazing photography can do for anyone. Learn more about Elizabeth Messina below, in her interview with Completely Unveiled.

Elizabeth Messina Photography is available worldwide. To contact Elizabeth, visit her website by clicking here. For more inspiration, visit Elizabeth's gorgeous blog, Kiss The Groom, here.

Weddings Unveiled: Tell us a little bit about you and about Elizabeth Messina Photography


Elizabeth Messina: i am an artist & a mother....i am a true romantic & photograph with my heart.....being a photographer is a dream come true for me....

WU: How did you become a photographer?


EM: i fell in love with photography as a little girl....my mother gave me my first camera when i was twleve years old...i dreamed of being a photographer...but had no idea whet that meant....

WU: How did you become a wedding photographer?


EM: a good friend of mine was getting married & asked me to photographer her wedding....it changed my life & led me in a whole new direction....i am forever grateful...

WU: Digital or film or both? Why?

EM: i photograph with film...i LOVE film....i love the look & feel of film....its luminous...& a little mysterious..... i also own & shoot with digital cameras....but my heart belongs to film.....

WU: Describe your wedding photography style.

EM: my style is intimate & artistic....i love to make art out of real life moments.....i am a lifestyle photographer...a documentary photographer...a food photographer.....etc....weddings require me to be tenacious & thoughtful at all times.....

WU: Show us your favorite wedding image and tell us why it represents your style.

EM: this is impossible to answer.....my favorite wedding is whichever one i am photographing...i have to connect with what is in front of me...to feel the emotion & respond to the nuances of a couple & their family.....no two are alike....its what makes weddings so beautiful & special.....i hope people respond to my style in whatever images they see...that i am there, a whisper within the photographs......

WU: What inspires you? What inspires your photography?

EM: I am inspired by my children....their easy laughter & impossibly sweet little faces...i am inspired by light....a strong cup of coffee....the scent of lavender....the little moments of life....simple & lovely....

WU: How do you keep your vision fresh?

EM: I try to respond to each moment as it unfolds....to be present & humble....to capture nuances of light & emotion....and the beautiful details that bind us to each other & also make us unique.....i do alot of editorial work for magazines....in fact i just shot the cover for a new magazine launching in october "get married magazine"....i also photograph alot of portraits & little ones.....i think the editorial & personal work complement my wedding photography well & vise-versa....at weddings....things often move very quickly & i must respond as quickly....there are no second chances...i love the energy & abundant emotion at weddings....with magazine & portrait work the flow is a little slower...i can be more patient while i create images...both styles
of working add to my ability as a photographer & challenge me in different ways....its a wonderful balance....

WU: Do you do non-wedding photography work? If so, how does it influence your wedding photography?

EM: editorial & portrait work help me continue to develop my style in a more controlled environment....this helps me be more efficient at getting what i want a weddings...i try to make magazine worthy images in a moment at weddings....for me, photography is a work in progress & i am always trying to improve my images.....

WU: What makes you different from other wedding photographers?

EM: we are all unique & different....i am a sentimental & emotional person...& a film photographer....my intimate style helps me to capture intimate moments in an unobtrusive & thoughtful way....and film is an intrinsically important part of my work...the luminosity & feel of film complements the style of my images.....

WU: What would be your ideal wedding assignment?

EM: i love intimate weddings....so my dream wedding would be 50 people somewhere in italy....a long weekend...with amazing food...beautiful flowers & natural light....and most importantly, a couple with genuine & palpable affection for each other....

WU: Tell us three things you can't live without.

EM: chocolate, foggy days, kisses

WU: What is the best advice anyone has ever given you?

EM: my father told me "always know your own worth, that you are special....other people cannot define who you are"

WU: What is the best advice you can give to an engaged couple?

EM: follow your heart...in every way possible & impossible way.....


more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive