Adam Barnes Fine Art Photographers ~ Lynchburg, VA

One thing we noticed about Adam Barnes right from the start, is that we are always so moved by his work. You may remember him from our Valentine's Day blog post, Kisses from Weddings Unveiled. You can visit that post by clicking here. Adam's photograph was listed first in our Top 20 images with good reason. When it arrived, we were all stunned by its breathtaking beauty, its unique perspective, its romantic allure... it was just so, well... good. In fact, we'd love to have an excuse to post it again, so here it is.


Though his talent is amazing, it's certainly not the only thing we love about Adam. He is one of those people whose warm, caring, giving personality shines through, even in an email. We're so blessed to have become friends with him and we can't wait to show you more of his work, which is sure to appear again many times in the future, both here on Completely Unveiled and in the pages of Weddings Unveiled. We hope you enjoy this interview with Adam, where you can get to know him a little better and find inspiration in his photography. We imagine that working with him would be the exerience of a lifetime.

Adam Barnes Fine Art Photographers is based in Lynchburg, VA. He accepts commissions all over the world. To contact Adam Barnes Fine Art Photographers, visit the website by clicking here or call 434.845.6292.



ADAM BARNES FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHERS


Weddings Unveiled: Tell us a little bit about you and about Adam Barnes Fine Art Photographers.
AB:
At the moment, my wife Lauren and I live in Lynchburg, Virginia with our Great Dane, Leah (which adds lots of excitement to the Barnes household). However, I grew up on a farm in rural North Carolina, which has added a million aspects to who I am today. I have always been rather quiet and a little introverted but disciplined, tuned to detail and a tough worker. I think those qualities make my business what it is today. My business grew out of a passion for photographs and a deep love for those around me.

WU: How did you become a photographer?
AB:
Beginning in high school with the school newspaper... I found a love for photography. I'll never forget those days of journalism class, bustin' a move in the dark room while developing film. One of my greatest friends, who is also an established photographer herself, Amanda Caldwell of Amanda Caldwell Photography, can attest to the absurdity of those many hours of inhaling developer and fixer under the warm glow of the darkroom light with 20 people all crammed into one tiny room... ahhh the memories. It was during those years that I fell in love with film and what you could capture through a lens.

WU: How did you become a wedding photographer?
AB:
I never dreamed of owning a photography business. I graduated college in 2000 (still hard to believe how quickly time flies) and worked in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry for 7 years. I was in the middle of my master's degree in counseling when I withdrew to pursue photography full time in the fall of 2005. My professors thought I was nuts and I did too, but I had been encouraged by so many of my friends to really pursue my love for this art. Wedding photography became more focused over the years due to my fascination with photography and my excitement of working with people. There is no better field to be in.

WU: Digital or film or both? Why?
AB: I continue to shoot both film and digital. I love the simplicity of film and the beauty it easily conveys. Digital has its amazing ways too but film is just so much more full of surprises.

WU: Describe your wedding photography style.
AB:
I really try to focus on emotions and aspects of the wedding that, when captured, will be nostalgic 50, even 100 years from now.

WU: Show us your favorite wedding image and tell us why it represents your style.
AB:
Wow, what a question... there are so many moments I have captured and I love what they all represent. If I had to pick just one, it would be this image of a father putting a necklace on his daughter the day of her wedding. Family and relationships are everything to me and again I hope that 50 years from now this image will evoke such wonderful emotions for the bride and her family.


WU: What inspires you? What inspires your photography?
AB: "[An] author should never conceive of himself as bringing into existence beauty or wisdom that did not exist before, but simply and solely as trying to embody in terms of his own art some reflection of eternal Beauty and Wisdom. " C.S. Lewis

WU: How do you keep your vision fresh?
AB:
It is amazing that with each couple you can find things that are so unique. Each couple brings a different and new aspect to my work that keeps me excited.

WU: Do you do non-wedding photography work? If so, how does it influence your wedding photography?
AB: I like to capture fine art images. When I am overwhelmed and just need a break I head out and look for details that can be missed in everyday life. It is so intriguing to me that the smallest things can be so fascinating. This carries over into my wedding photography by remembering to look for those things throughout a wedding day that may get overlooked by so many.

WU: What makes you different from other wedding photographers?
AB: I think my background in the counseling world adds to my approach to weddings. I love my clients and really enjoy creating lasting friendships with them. Not sure this necessarily sets me apart, but it's one aspect of my business that I put a lot of emphasis on.

WU: What would be your ideal wedding assignment?
AB:
No timelines, no stress for the couple and lots of details.

WU: Tell us three things you can't live without.
AB:
Coffee, music, friends and my wife... not in any particular order of course (coffee is pretty big though...). I can't choose just three.

WU: What is the best advice anyone has ever given you?
AB: Just listen with all that you are.

WU: What is the best advice you can give to an engaged couple?
AB:
Enjoy this time of your lives, it goes so quickly.





























more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive