COUTURE REPORT: MEXICO FASHION WEEK

Passionate fashion aficionados know one of fashion week’s best kept secrets: South America is very plugged in when it comes to turning out high fashion collections. And though Mexico does great with haute couture, for me, they’ve always had a kind of trend setting talent for resort chic which works with the thing we’ve had the past few years for destination weddings.
Maria Luisa De Chavez


Maria Luisa De Chavez

Maria Luisa De Chavez

Mexican designers are also great with color in their collections (I didn’t indulge here, sorry) Here are some highlights from Fashion Week Mexico 2009. I have to say, I’m more than impressed.



Carlo Demichelis








Lydia Lavin's model below reminds me of a Frida Kahlo painting, especially the way her wrap is draped and hair is ornamented.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive