Bella Grace Studios ~ Louisville, KY

Based in Louisville, KY Josh Merideth is the talented photographer behind the beautiful imagery of Bella Grace Studios. Inspired by his environment and the couple's he works with, Josh thrives on the emotions and moments of a couple's wedding day and photographing the most important day of their lives. With a lifestyle photography approach to his work, his imagery can easily be described as simple and clean documenting life, love and everything in between. His incredible images have made him one of the most sought after photographers in the South and his work has appeared regularly in our Real Wedding features on Completely Unveiled and in the pages of Weddings Unveiled. Read on to learn more about Josh and what inspires the man behind the lens of Bella Grace Studios.

Bella Grace Studios is based in Louisville, KY but are available for assignments worldwide. To contact Bella Grace Studios, visit their website here or call 502.592.5671.

Weddings Unveiled: Tell us a little bit about Bella Grace Studios.

Josh Merideth: My Wife (Shana) and I live in Louisville KY with our two little girls :: Emma Caroline (3) and Annabella Grace (5). I was born and raised in Louisville and seek great pride in every cultural aspect the city has to offer. Our studio is on Main St. right in the heart of downtown. We gain so much inspiration from our work environment. I have a passion for everything visual, which led me to photography. We are currently photographing 40 weddings a year, publishing an annual book and photographing commercial work for high end unique clients (such as 21c Museum Hotel, the #1 hotel in the country via conde nast, a MUST SEE)

WU: How did you become a wedding photographer?

JM: I became a wedding photographer because I wanted my work to matter and to move people. 45 times a year I photograph the most important event in some ones life to date. I love the never ending joy and love of the wedding day and I am a complete sucker for all the amazing details brides have today.

WU: Digital or film or both? Why?

JM: Both... I love shooting film on our Leica m7 for its intimacy to the client. Typically I only shoot one roll of film per event to make every shot that much more special. You never know exactly what you are going to get from film. I also love the concreteness of film, you have negatives and prints, it is almost like a living antique. Digital is our outlet which allows us to create and try different things.

WU: Describe your wedding photography style.

JM: My style is clean and simple. Better described as lifestyle photography. I want my clients to be who they are, be in an environment that they are comfortable with. Every time we do a shoot people say you are so relaxed and that was so easy. The easier it is for the client the more they really shine through.

WU: What inspires you?

JM: What doesn't inspire me. I follow over a thousand blogs, have stacks of 100s of magazines in my office (literally), am a sucker for interior design, fashion.

WU: What inspires your photography?

JM: People ask if we will ever get tired of wedding photography, I am 27 and have photographed over 200 weddings. Weddings are very similar but the couples are always unique. We shoot 12-13 hours every Saturday for our clients, who inspire us and make each one fun.

WU: Do you do non-wedding photography work? If so, how does it influence your wedding photography?

JM: We do quite a bit of non wedding work. I feel it is our biggest asset. I photographed Sophisticated Living Magazine for years, do commercial work for museums and boutiques and publish a book every year. This keeps us busy, but ever evolving in our vision.

WU: What makes you different from other wedding photographers?

JM: I would say how hard we work... yes photography is an art but it takes work. We typically photograph 12-13 hours every wedding day not including travel and we visit around 7 or 8 locations. But mainly we just treat every wedding as if it was our own and put everything we have into it.

WU: What would be your ideal wedding assignment?

JM: We find ourselves shooting so many different types of weddings. One day it is 50 people people in a museum, the next it is 100 people on a horse farm and the next 400 people in a Catholic mass. We love clients who love photography, trust us in what we do, and have lots of details!

WU: Tell us three things you can't live without.

JM: My wife and girls, my Leica m7 and tons of magazines.

WU: What is the best advice anyone has ever given you?

JM: The advice I try to follow is just to... listen to people and find out who they are.

WU: What is the best advice you can give to an engaged couple?

JM: Hire people you trust and then trust them! Don't worry about the rules and just do what makes you happy.
















more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive