Donna Von Bruening Photographers ~ Savannah, GA

Founded by photographer Donna Von Bruening in 2000, DVB Photographers is a boutique studio based in Savannah, GA dedicated to serve clients who believe photography is a key element in the success of their wedding. Created with a team of talented photographers each with a distinctive talent and refined style and with Donna Von Bruening at the helm DVB Photographers is one of the most sought after photography companies in the South. Known for their sincere and compelling imagery and exceptional, personal service we've been long admirers of their work, which has appeared numerous times on Completely Unveiled in our Real Wedding features. Read on to learn more about Donna Von Bruening the talented lady behind DVB Photographers and find out what inspires her beautiful work.

Donna Von Bruening Photographers is based in Savannah, GA but are available for assignments worldwide. To contact Donna Von Bruening Photographers, visit their website here or call 912.898.9282.

Weddings Unveiled: How did you become a wedding photographer?

Donna Von Bruening: I studied journalism at The Ohio State University. We had a daily paper and I was a staff photographer. I loved it and weddings are a journalist's dream. And I love business. Perfect combination.

WU: Digital or film or both? Why?

DVB: I used to roll my own film and still own my medium format Hasselblad. I feel so fortunate to have learned the art of light before digital and photoshop. I love both but the market demands the quick return and style of digital. Truthfully, the only thing that matters is the light.

WU: Describe your wedding photography style.

DVB: Sincere, soulful and beautiful.

WU: Show us your favorite wedding image and tell us why it represents who you are as wedding photographers.

DVB: I have so many favorite images but this is one of my all time favs: They married in her parents backyard and he built the arch they married under. He saw her walk out of her house and this was his immediate reaction.

WU: What inspires your photography?

DVB: The unspoken connection between people and the human drama in a celebration.

WU: How do you keep your wedding photography fresh?

DVB: It is the people. Being in business 11 years, I have photographed at some venues dozens and dozens of times. But it is a different couple and a different love so that keeps it fresh.

WU: Do you do non-wedding photography work? If so, how does it influence your wedding photography?

DVB: I only do portrait commissions for a limited clientele. I save my eyes and heart for weddings.

WU: What makes you different from other wedding photographers?

DVB: Experience and honesty.

WU: What would be your ideal wedding assignment?

DVB: I just photographed it last Saturday...a wedding on the family farm. Authentic, family, love...it was amazing to witness it.

WU: Tell us three things you can't live without.

DVB: My husband of 14 years, my two sons and books. Bet you thought I'd say my camera. My relationships with all three of those things make me a strong photographer: the deep connection with my husband, the unabashed bold love for my boys and the descriptive words and stories I read. Those things allow me to see from my heart.

WU: What is the best advice anyone has ever given you?

DVB: Do it anyway.

WU: What is the best advice you can give to an engaged couple?

DVB: Live a value-driven life, then you'll always be looking in the same direction.













more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive