Lucia|Paul Design ~ Tampa, FL

Anna Lucia Richardson, owner of Lucia Paul Design, has spent her life surrounded by creativity. Both her parents were in the art and design world and she grew up influenced and inspired by their talent. She graduated with a degree in Business and Marketing and while working in the retail industry she realized that event design was her true passion. With that, she opened Lucia Paul Design in 2007, headquartered in Tampa, FL. Consistent success, high regard to detail and professionalism has made Lucia Paul Design one of the premier wedding and event planning design companies in the South. Read on to learn more about Anna Lucia Richardson, the talented lady behind Lucia Paul Design.

Lucia Paul Design is based in Tampa, FL but is available for events worldwide. To contact LuciaPaul Design visit the company website or call 888.815.5478.

Weddings Unveiled: Tell us a little bit about Lucia Paul Design.

Anna Lucia Richardson: Lucia Paul Design is a wedding and event planning and event design firm for clients who expect the absolute best in service and detail. Headquartered in Tampa, FL, we work with clients throughout the United States and the Caribbean, with our most recent projects being in Florida, Michigan, Connecticut and New York.

At Lucia Paul Design, wedding and event planning and design is our passion. Through innovative design and flawless presentation, we incorporate a distinctive look and feel into every event. From the planning stages to the execution, no matter what your planning or design needs, Lucia Paul Design will provide you with personalized service to ensure success.

We approach each wedding and event with a fresh perspective, because our reputation depends on creating specialized, memorable events that reflect your taste and sensibility. We promise that all our clients will achieve their goals by guaranteeing the utmost attention to detail and the highest level of dedication.


WU: How did you become an event designer? When and how did you begin Lucia Paul Design?

ALR: I began in an interesting manner…by default. My degree is in Business and Marketing, from Stetson University, but I had a passion for design. I grew up with an artistically inclined family that fostered my interest and enthusiasm in the world of design and architecture. My Mom is a jewelry designer and an award-winning interior decorator, my father and brother are award-winning custom homebuilders and my father’s cousin is a world-renowned artist who is commonly referred to as the “Father of Caribbean Impressionism.” Even as a child, I was eager to sit in on my father’s architecture meetings… not your typical “hobby” for a 10 year old, but I loved watching his architects draft gorgeous designs. The creativity that came out of those moments stayed with me and influenced my drive towards a career based on design inspiration.

I started Lucia Paul Design almost four years ago. Originally we were based in Michigan, but in 2009 we moved our headquarters to Florida in an effort to expand our repertoire. My background with events began in the corporate event realm. After graduating from college, I worked in the retail industry on a path to become a buyer, but soon realized that I wanted greater artistic freedom. Shortly thereafter, I had the opportunity to work for a large real estate development company as a marketing assistant and before long it turned into a position as the Marketing and Event Coordinator. While planning all of the company’s corporate events throughout Florida, I realized that I had found my niche and something that I loved. In early 2007, I moved from Florida to Michigan, where I had the opportunity to open my own event planning and design firm and that’s when Lucia Paul Design was born! I’ve never looked back and can honestly say that it is truly what I love to do.

WU: Tell us about how you work with engaged couples, whether as a team or individually.

ALR: I must first note that we have the most amazing team and Lucia Paul Design wouldn’t be what it is without them. We work as a team and it shows in the service that we provide. Before we even begin the planning and design process, we do an extensive series of consultations. This allows us to better understand who the couple is and their anticipations for the event so that we can best customize a design that fits their aesthetic and aspirations. We believe that each couple is unique and their wedding should not only be a beautiful event, but also a true reflection of who they are. Since their wedding will symbolize their first step together into their new life, it should be an incredible experience for them.

WU: Describe your wedding style.

ALR: Classic and timeless with a touch of modern eclectic.

WU: What inspires you?

ALR: People and everyday life. In our industry there is a plethora of inspiration, so sometimes you don’t have to look that far. There are so many interesting and talented people all around us each and every day. I love to absorb every conversation with each person that I am blessed to meet. Everyday life is inspiring due to its constant evolution and surprises. There is always something new, whether it's a challenge, a fight, a crush, a first love, a culture, a color, a flower, a design, a passion…there's always something. While inspiration constantly surrounds us, it’s what you do with that inspiration that will make you great.

WU: How do you keep your ideas fresh?

ALR:
I work hard on keeping my ideas fresh (and making sure my team does the same) by making sure that we don’t get lazy by falling into the trap of taking the easiest route. Our team is constantly looking for new inspirations and keeping up-to-date on trends, so that we're not recycling ideas. Sadly, I often hear of brides who hired their friend’s wedding planner only to be disappointed after receiving the same wedding design. We go above and beyond to ensure that each wedding design is just as unique as the couple. You're only as good as your next client and it’s important to remember that.

WU: What was your favorite wedding and why?

ALR: This is a tough one, because I have been fortunate enough to work with so many wonderful clients! If I had to choose one, it would be the first wedding I ever planned and designed because it launched my dream into a reality. Always remember where you started!

On a side note, the most challenging wedding we've done (so far) was one where we custom built a church modeled after an ancient Celtic church, inside a ballroom. That was pretty amazing!

WU: What makes Lucia Paul Design different from other wedding and event designers?

ALR: Our level of customer service and the variety of services that we offer to our clients. We are a quality over quantity company, which allows us to provide an unprecedented level of customized service that each client deserves. Our clients hire us because they understand and appreciate our value, experience and dedication to their wedding or event. We not only help our clients define their overall design vision, but we also focus on logistics, execution and follow-through with every element of the process. The LuciaPaul team works tirelessly to ensure that no detail, no matter how great or small, is ever overlooked.

WU: What would be your ideal wedding assignment or dream wedding to design?

ALR:
A wedding where a client provides us with the details that they want for their dream wedding, but then turns it over to us completely and entrusts us with creative freedom to make it something fabulous. I must say that we have been very fortunate to have this happen with a number of our clients. It is an amazing experience and so fulfilling when the client walks into the room for the first time and they are speechless. That’s when we know we’ve succeeded and it's a job well done. Best dream (to reality) ever!

WU: Tell us three things you can't live without.

ALR: I only get three? Well, can I break them into two categories? My first and most important three aren’t physical or materialistic things.

1. Love: It’s not always easy and sometimes can lead to heartbreak, but I have so much of it inside of me that if I couldn’t share it, I think I would go mad.

2. Family: I am so blessed to have the most amazing and supportive family in the world. I wouldn’t be who or where I am without them. Included in my family is the one true love of my life…yes, I am a sap.

3. Faith: It’s how I make it through each and every day.

My second group of three, well actually four, is fun things I just adore.

1. Annick Goutal’s Eau d’Hadrien: the scent that the love of my life wears. I love that it’s for men and women…sometimes I sneak a little spritz as I am running out the door. He’s only caught me once!

2. Books: Currently I am absorbed in three, mainly because I can’t make up my mind. They are The Help by Katheryn Stockett, Tribes by Seth Godin, and The Balthazar Cookbook by Keith McNally, Riad Nasr & Lee Hanson. I know, I know…does a cookbook really count? It’s from my favorite restaurant in NYC, and it’s loaded with delectable recipes and the most intriguing forward.

3. My Passport and a bottle of Châteauneuf du Pape. My passport because it can take me anywhere in the world. The Châteauneuf du Pape because it’s simply delicious.

WU: What is the best advice anyone has ever given you?

ALR: First, always forgive. Second, always be humble. Third, always be gracious.

WU: What is the best advice you can give to an engaged couple?

ALR:
Never lose sight of what your wedding day is truly about. It's about representing your love for each other. All too often I see couples that become so wrapped up in the details that they forget why they are getting married. The most brilliant weddings that we do are for clients who are so completely enamored with one another that it's reflected in every element of their wedding day.























more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive