Snippet & Ink

The promise of "daily wedding inspiration," is exactly what you get from Snippet & Ink, one of the web's most beautiful and beloved wedding blogs. Creator and editor of Snippet & Ink, Kathryn Storke, attributes much of her creativity to her mother, who taught her "an appreciation for beauty and thoughtful things." From real wedding features and budget friendly ideas to our favorite wedding palette inspiration boards, you'll find a host of inspiration and new content daily. Read more to learn about Kathryn, the lovely creative mastermind behind Snippet & Ink.

Weddings Unveiled: Tell us a bit about Snippet & Ink.

Kathryn Storke: Snippet & Ink's tag line is "daily wedding inspiration," which appears mainly in the form of inspiration boards and real wedding features.

WU: How did you decide to start a blog? How did Snippet & Ink develop?

KS: I've always loved the pretty parts of weddings ever since my older sister got married when I was 16. Snippet & Ink and my inspiration boards started out as a creative outlet for me, but over the past two and a half years, it has become my full time job. Now that I am a bride-to-be myself, I know how much pressure there is on brides and how easy it is to lose perspective about what the whole purpose behind a wedding is. Lately i've been focusing on ways to have a beautiful wedding without breaking the bank or losing your sanity.

WU: Describe your average work day.

KS: My typical days aren't that exciting. Other than waking up and going to sleep, the order of my day changes all the time, but pretty much every day includes: checking and responding to emails, reading other blogs, making sure my post for the day is up, creating new inspiration boards and posts, working on other design projects, running to the grocery store to buy stuff to make dinner, debating whether or not to go to the gym and phone calls with mom or sisters or girlfriends. Everyday is some iteration of those elements.

WU: How do you keep Snippet & Ink's content fresh for your readers?

KS: I make sure I am posting content that I am personally connected to -- when I post things that I love, when I write in an authentic voice - that's how I keep my content fresh.

WU: Describe your style.

KS: My style is pretty understated. I prefer a classic, well-edited look with an unexpected twist here or there.

WU: What inspires you?

KS: Changing seasons, good books, art, travel...when I'm paying attention, I can find inspiration anywhere.

WU: What do you look for in a real wedding feature?

KS: I feature all kinds of real weddings, but in general, I look for weddings that exemplify simple beauty. Weddings that are thoughtful and creative, with lots of great details - not overly extravagant or over-the-top, but with something unique or unexpected about them. If they were done on a budget, that's always a bonus!

WU: What was your favorite real wedding feature and why?

KS: Oh wow -- it's so tough to choose just one favorite! One that immediately comes to mind is Shauna and Jeff's wedding at the Marin Headlands Center for the Arts. I love the location, I love the understated beauty, I love that the bride wore her grandmother's dress. So many beautiful elements that are totally cohesive, without trying too hard.

WU: What are the most important elements for a great wedding design?

KS: I think the single most important element for great wedding design is being able to edit. This means choosing elements that make sense in your venue and season and not trying to cram too many things into one event.

WU: Tell us three things you can't live without.

KS: Down pillows, my favorite jeans and warm chocolate chip cookies.

WU: What are some of your favorite online shopping and resource sites for brides?

KS: PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com is a personal favorite -- I definitely spend time browsing over there for my dream dress! Also, Etsy is such an amazing resource for budget-conscious brides, and for brides who want to support small businesses -- tons of my favorite vendors have Etsy shops.

WU: What is the best advice you can give to an engaged couple?

KS: Maintain perspective. Remember that while it's nice to have pretty flowers and a pretty dress and a nice party, the whole point of a wedding is to marry the person that you love, hopefully with other people you love there to celebrate with you.

WU: What does the future hold for Kathryn Storke? Are you working on any upcoming projects?

KS: I'm in the midst of a site re-design, and I have some projects coming up with some wonderful vendors, but otherwise just taking things one step at a time.











more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive