A MODEL BRIDE

Isn't she gorgeous! Believe it or not I met Polina via the 'will you model for me?' route. We set up a shoot for her to pose in some of my 1950s 'Dioresque' dresses. That's when I learned she recently got married at City Hall in San Francisco on Janurary 16.
In the City by the Bay we have a city hall with one grand and glorious rotunda. True, most of the brides who celebrate here sport less formal chic than Polina's; this gown though is totally in tune with the magnificent backdrop.

So what was Polina's wedding like? When I asked she told me, "After the ceremony we went to the Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park where we took some pictures. The reception was at the Carnelian Room Restaurant in the Bank of America building on the 52nd floor. It's really beautiful in there during the sunset."
So was this stunning gown my creation? No, remember I met Polina only a few weeks after she and husband Daniel said, "I do". The dress is actually from Davids Bridal. I particularly love the black and white wedding theme here. When I asked Polina just how she put her whole wedding ensemble together, she said, "The shoes, sash and veil all came from David's Bridal. It was my design and idea to combine two colors in the dress. Originally the dress was boring plain white with a short green sash. I decided to go with two black sashes together - the short one gave the detail (the stones) in the front and the other one - the long one - had the details in the back. The veil was also white but had some black details in it."

Pictured above are Polina and Daniel. Both are Russian and met in San Francisco 3 years ago. Personally, I think Polina is one of the happiest, most beautiful and radiant brides I've ever seen. And I've seen quite a few in my day . . . .
Gown and accessories . . . . David's Bridal
Venues . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . .Carnelian Room
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive