Poser : Image ~ Dallas, TX

When talking about the amazing Erik Clausen of Poser: Image, where do we start? Perhaps the best thing to say is that we have long been admirers of his captivating, passionate imagery. Erik's photography is instantly recognizeable and his unique, cinematic viewpoint combines edgy modernism with striking composition in a truly moving way. His work has appeared on Completely Unveiled a number of times, including this week's feature of Lillian and Austin's gorgeous Dallas, TX wedding.

Erik describes his photography style by saying, "I see life in frames." The more we learn about him, the more we admire him and we couldn't wait to share some additional insight into the work of this amazing artist. Read on to learn all about Poser : Image and the man behind the camera.

Poser : Image is based in Dallas, TX and the Fort Worth area, but is available for wedding photography worldwide. To contact Poser : Image visit the website here or call 469.831.1441.

Weddings Unveiled: Tell us a little bit about Poser.

Poser: I'm just a guy. Like every other person on this planet I have my idiosyncrasies, my glories and my failings, in general more to the latter :) I happen to be a photographer, but the only reason I am is because there are people I am supposed to impact, and some that are supposed to impact me, whom I wouldn't have met otherwise. I love life, marriage, and my kids, all in perspective of my God. I am an avid sports fan. I love CS Lewis. There is a special place in my heart for Uncle Julios. If you know me for even 5 minutes, you will know all of those things.

WU: How did you become a wedding photographer?

P: It was revealed to me through my wife's clients (she is a hair stylist) that I had a talent and asked if they could pay me to take pictures of them. Shortly after that, I got the chance to shoot a wedding and I fell in love. It is a much longer story than that but I don't want to take up too much space here. If you're ever in the Dallas area (or if I am in your area) let's have a cup of coffee and I will tell you "The rest of the story."

WU: Digital or film or both? Why?

P: Digital. I haven't ever shot film. Although film is SEXY.

WU: Describe your wedding photography style.

P: I see life in frames.

WU: Show us your favorite wedding image and tell us why it represents who you are as a wedding photographer.

P: This image celebrates every aspect of why I do what I do. There is the passion and connection between the bride and groom. There is the family surrounding them and praying, symbolizing family and it's part in holding us accountable to our vows. Then there is the story telling and perspective. I was allowed uninhibited access to the ceremony so as to document in a more authentic way. There is nothing worse than being relegated to the balcony as you try to tell an honest story about moments happening 50 yards away, and facing the opposite direction.

WU: What inspires you? What inspires your photography?

P: I am inspired by passion. The passion that attracts and connects my clients. When they are passionate about each other, my job becomes a hobby.

WU: How do you keep your wedding photography fresh?

P: I'm not sure if it's a conscious thing. I've always just shot what looks good to me. The reality is that each wedding I shoot is unique because it is a collection of moments that have never happened, and will never happen again. It's a tremendous blessing to have the trust of my clients in that way.

WU: Do you do non-wedding photography work? If so, how does it influence your wedding photography?

P: Most of my non-wedding work centers around my family. Shooting my family helps me stay connected to communicating passion and connection through the imagery, as I am immensely passionate about my wife and kids.

WU: What makes you different than other wedding photographers?

P: I really can't speak for other photographers, but I can tell you what makes me me. I am not a vendor. I have a passion for marriage and I celebrate the commitment my clients are making, and it's through that paradigm I see what happens at the wedding. My main goal is not to make money from my clients but to tell their story in a way that they can't deny the passion and connection that exists, so that when time gets tougher later in life, they have the proof they will need to continue fighting for their marriage.

WU: What would be your ideal wedding assignment:

P: Any wedding in New Zealand. I also really desire to shoot a wedding in Italy.

WU: Tell us three things you can't live without.

P: My Jesus. My wife. My kids.

WU: What is the best advice anyone has ever given you?

P: In relation to photography, "Show what you want to shoot."

WU: What is the best advice you can give to an engaged couple?

P: Please spend more time planning for your marriage than your wedding.



































more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive