A Special Thank You

It's not every day one of our fabulous editors and creative director gets featured online, so when it happens we absolutely have to share it! Weddings Unveiled extends a very special and very heartfelt thank you to Leila Khalil of Be Inspired PR for this absolutely wonderful feature and interview of our creative director, Brooke Thomas, on her blog Inspired By This. Please be sure to stop by her site and leave a comment!

July 27th, 2009
"Today I want to share with you the behind the scenes of Weddings Unveiled, an amazing Southern wedding magazine that is led by its talented, creative director, Brooke Thomas. If you haven’t checked out the mag yet, run and get a copy, the images are absolutely stunning! In addition to its high distribution in the Southeast, Weddings Unveiled is distributed nationally in major bookstore chains such as Barnes and Noble, Borders, and Books a Million. They have readers from all over the country. Subscriptions and copies can also be purchased on their website here or on Amazon.com!



Brooke sent us the below information about what inspires her and her work at the magazine.

“As the Creative Director of Weddings Unveiled Magazine — I handle all things creative, from the direction, focus and layout of each issue, to producing specific editorials to editing each story our writers submit. I’m also the Co-Founder and Co-Publisher, which means that I lend a hand on the business end as well. I also direct and manage our Blog, Completely Unveiled at www.weddingsunveiledblog.blogspot.com. Anne Marie Ashley and Emily Howard are our regular staff bloggers.

I grew up in a very small town in North Carolina. I graduated from the North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics. I am also a graduate of Davidson College, where I studied English Literature and Art History. I am married to a gorgeous, amazing man who is also a chef. I have traveled extensively throughout Europe and in particular, I love the Scottish Highlands. Among many things, a few of my loves are my mother’s and my husband’s cooking, my new Nina Ricci platform peep-toe pumps, Beat literature, Jane Austen novels, paintings by Modigliani, photography by Neal Preston, large pearl earrings, driving gloves, the Musee d’Orsay, Bald Head Island, Oscar de la Renta, Chanel, Giambattista Valli, Roland Mouret, vintage jewels and silver tea sets found at the Metrolina Expo and 1968 Camaros. (Side note from Leila- how amazing is her taste? the magazine is a pure reflection of it.. LOVE it)

I’m always inspired by my upbringing and the beautiful, pastoral area where I grew up. I’m inspired by my parents and the values they taught me and I have always hoped to make them proud. I’m also inspired by my two wonderful sisters and the rest of my very large family. We have lots of family gatherings and everyone loves Weddings Unveiled. My middle sister is currently engaged and we are all in the midst of planning her wedding in Charleston, SC. When thinking about inspiration for the overall look of an issue, I often take inspiration from the season and from our Southern region and its food, style and culture.

I’m known for the styling of our fashion editorials and for the style/fashion personality that I bring to Weddings Unveiled. I think that I have a unique viewpoint and our Weddings Unveiled fashion editorials and covers are unlike those of any other bridal magazine. I love bridal fashion of course, but also love ready-to-wear and rtw pieces often show up in our fashion editorials. I especially love the Ports 1961 dress appearing in our current issue (Summer 2009). I have often been characterized as having an “edgy take on classic style” and I think that’s a good way to describe my style, though sometimes, like any stylist, it varies with my inspiration. I do like classic and sophisticated, intelligent silhouettes, but I also like to style them with an edge that is sometimes a little vintage, sometimes a little tough-girl rock ‘n roll and sometimes very prim and ladylike, depending on my mood and inspiration at the moment. I’m inspired by so many things when it comes to fashion that it’s difficult to narrow it down.”

Here are some of the images from the fashion spread in the current issue! I’m in LOVE with them!





Thank you Brooke for being so real about you and the voice behind Weddings Unveiled for my readers. You are the greatest and your magazine is an inspiration to us all!"

more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive