Amanda Jerkins Design ~ Nashville, TN

While working in NYC as a store designer for Crate&Barrel, Amanda Jerkins learned everything she knows about flowers and developed a passion for floral design. She started Amanda Jerkins Design in 2009 and has been creating gorgeous weddings for Southern brides ever since. Her unique floral aesthetic and knack for wedding styling have made her one of the most sought-after florists in Nashville, TN. Read on to learn more about Amanda and enjoy the selection of beautiful images of her work!

Amanda Jerkins Design is based in Nashville, TN. To contact Amanda, visit her website by clicking here or call 615.717.7204.

Weddings Unveiled: Tell us a bit about Amanda Jerkins Design.

Amanda Jerkins: I am a one-lady operation with an amazing sister and sweet friends who are available when I need more hands. I love love love flowers and have learned how to handle them. Meeting with brides and translating their style into flowers is a passion of mine.

WU: How did you become a floral designer? When and how did you begin Amanda Jerkins Design?

AJ: After graduating from college I moved to New York City and worked as a store designer for Crate&Barrel. With a generous budget, I did lots of flower arrangements for the store every week. My boss was an amazing talent and taught me all that I know about floral design.

I have been doing weddings for friends since I moved to Nashville six years ago, but decided to start Amanda Jerkins Design in 2009, turning my passion into my livelihood.

WU: Describe your wedding style.

AJ: Modern/Vintage, Artful, Clean/Crisp.

WU: What inspires you?

AJ: So many things inspire me! My mom, shelter magazines, design blogs, flowers, the brides I work with...

WU: How do you keep your ideas fresh?

AJ: I love to experiment with new things--you'll never know it will work unless you try it.

WU: What was your favorite wedding and why?

AJ: Besides Princess Di? My own! It wasn't the most amazing wedding ever but it was the most fun and most wonderful day of my life. And I did the flowers and they were exactly like I wanted them (of course!).

WU: What makes Amanda Jerkins Design different from other floral designers?

AJ: I am also a wedding stylist, which can include everything from design concepts for a space, to accessorizing the bride, to helping select a look for the bridesmaids and on and on... As a wedding stylist and a floral designer I am able to achieve a cohesive look for each event.

WU: What would be your ideal wedding assignment or dream wedding to design?

AJ: When a bride gives me creative liberties, that is a dream!

WU: Tell us three things you can't live without.

AJ: My husband, Family/Friends, Music.

WU: What is the best advice you can give an engaged couple?

AJ: Remember, you get to go on vacation when it's over!

Image Credits: (1) Phindy Studios. (2) Stephen Jerkins. (3) Katy Marshall Photography. (4) Stephen Jerkins. (5) Katy Marshall Photography. (6-8) Phindy Studios.















more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive