Ashley Baber Weddings ~ Atlanta, GA

We've known the fabulous Ashley Baber for a while now and we couldn't wait to tell you more about this lovely, talented lady from Atlanta! Her company, Ashley Baber Weddings has been creating gorgeous, inspired events throughout the southeast for a number of years, with a fresh, modern approach to designing, planning and coordinating weddings. Read on to learn more about Ashley and why she's your perfect wedding day companion.

Ashley Baber Weddings is based in Atlanta, GA and Virginia. To contact Ashley Baber Weddings, visit the company website by clicking here or call 678.591.4858 for Atlanta and 434.509.9092 for Virginia.

Weddings Unveiled: How did you become an event designer?

Ashley Baber: "What a long strange trip it's been" would probably best sum up my route to becoming a wedding planner. A lot of people don't know that I have a science degree. I attended the University of Colorado with the intention of going to medical or PT school and got a degree in Kinesiology and Applied Physiology with a minor in Philosophy. After graduating, I quickly realized I wasn't in love with the sciences after all. I had just gotten married... I enjoyed the planning process and was looking for a creative outlet. I started selling wedding gowns part time at one of the largest bridal salons in the country and was eventually asked to be a manager. I enjoyed learning about bridal fashion and meeting many of the top bridal designers in the country. That knowledge and passion for bridal fashion still influences me today. I loved being part of the gown selection process with brides, but I felt unfulfilled. I wanted to be with the bride throughout the whole planning process and see the wedding of her dreams comes to fruition. After helping plan many weddings for friends, friends-of-friends and family members, I knew I wanted to pursue wedding planning as a career. I briefly shadowed an Atlanta area planner and realized there was still a vast amount of knowledge that I had yet to acquire. So, I started working in a Catering and Sales position at a local venue for about a year and then left that job to pursue Ashley Baber Weddings full-time about three years ago. We opened our Virginia branch of the company 2 years ago. Literally it has been such a whirlwind and the rest... as they say... is history.

WU:Tell us how you work with engaged couples, whether as a team or individually.

AB: It varies. All of our clients work with me in some capacity throughout the planning process and some of our clients also get to work with our wonderful team members.

WU: Describe your wedding style.

AB: We obviously find beauty in designing, planning and coordinating weddings of all styles, however, my personal taste has me loving all things pretty, vintage, Southern- and lots of details!

WU: What inspires you?

AB: Literally... everything. Travel, magazines, books, people, history, fashion, flea markets, antique stores...

WU: How do you keep your ideas fresh?

AB: By constantly seeking out new things that inspire me and learning from what has and hasn't worked- logistically or design elements- in the past.

WU: What was your favorite wedding and why?

AB: This is virtually impossible for me to answer as I have loved being involved in all our clients weddings for various reasons- whether it be the couple's story or the gorgeous, well thought-out design. I suppose if I had to pick just one, it would be Ginny and Ed's 1920's inspired wedding at Serenbe in Palmetto, GA last year. Besides all of the amazing DIY details, the couple met in the 8th grade. The love and emotion was palpable and the decor made it feel like such a magical place in time.

WU: What makes Ashley Baber Weddings different from other wedding and event designers?

AB: There are so many terms for wedding planners these days- "consultant" "coordinator" "planner" "designer." I love the design elements of weddings, however we do not handle florals or rentals in-house, so I have a hard time calling myself solely a "designer." I would say that while we absolutely adore being involved in the conceptualization, design and decor process with each of our clients and collaborating with the talented vendors who pull it all together, I truly feel like we are great wedding planners- focused on impeccable logistics and execution.

WU: What would be your ideal wedding assignment or dream wedding to design?

AB: Ooooh - another hard question! I have so many "ideal" scenarios in my mind... maybe a vintage Parisian wedding?

WU: Tell us three things you can't live without.

AB: Professionally: my laptop/e-mail, my emergency kits (I carry 2) and the wonderful people around me (my team and supportive colleagues). Personally: quality time with my hubs, pugs, family and friends, regular manis/pedis and coffee. OK- and great red wine.

WU: What is the best advice anyone has ever given you?

AB: I am fortunate to know some of the "best of the best" in the wedding industry and I have made a point to listen to their stories and advice closely, hoping to emulate some of their success and avoid some of their admitted pitfalls. One of the most consistent pieces of advice they all share is to just be/do you. You're being hired and people like you because of YOU- whether it is your specific knowledge, design aesthetic or personality- YOU is something your competitors don't have. Also, I was once told by a makeup artist to "never wear cheap shoes," which has actually proven to be very smart advice.

WU: What is the best advice you can give to an engaged couple?

AB: I tell each of our clients these simple rules for a happy wedding planning process: Don't let the idea of the "big picture" overwhelm you. Instead, follow a timeline segmented into 3 month intervals so you can focus on the tasks at hand. This process should be FUN. And make the wedding about the two of you. The more details you can incorporate about each of you, your favorite things (music, food, etc.), how you met, so on and so forth, the more memorable your wedding will be.
















































more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive